So, it’s now been almost 3 weeks since I received my Fitbit. I thought I’d take a minute to do a fitbit review and tell you about my experience using the Fitbit over the last few weeks. So let’s get to it:
UN-BOXING THE FITBIT
The Fitbit came in a sleek plastic case that was very easy to open and get the Fitbit out of. Also included is the packaging was a very prominent label that “to start using your Fitbit, go to www.fitbit.com/start” which made it really easy to get started.
SETTING UP THE FITBIT.
Getting the Fitbit set up was a little challenging. At first Continue reading
after waiting a VERY long time (I ordered it mid December) my fitbit finally arrived in the mail yesterday! I’ve only been using it since about 11pm last night… which means I was able to track my sleep last night using the device and it appears to have worked pretty well…
I’ll be doing a more in depth review here in about a week… stay tuned!
So, a huge area of focus for me this year is on health, fitness, and overall wellness. I’ve been spending a fair amount of time in e-mail telling people what tools I’ve been using as well as which books I’ve been reading. So I thought it a perfect opportunity to document the health tech tools, websites, and books I’ve been using.
- I bought a Withing Scale from Amazon which lets me track my weight automatically on my computer (sends wirelessly) and through my phone so I can see trending and keep me honest on my diet and exercise!
I purchased a pro membership with DailyBurn.com –> my withing scale also feeds my profile here and lets me track calories and workouts online and on my phone (while I’m in the gym recording sets and distance walked / run etc…)
- I purchased a “FitBit” that lets me track my daily activity and sleep patterns. Sadly my Fitbit has yet to arrive (ordered in December but they are way way backordered because they are so popular).
- I purchased and read TRANSCEND a book co-authored by Ray Kurzwell which is just crazy awesome (in the true meaning of the word) with some of the things it makes you think about and I would highly, highly recommend as a read… if nothing else, for the intellectual stimulation and some great conversation material. Just google Ray Kurzwell and you’ll see what I mean!
- I’m currently reading “Strength for Life” which so far seems great and is really motivating me!
- I’ve gotten a bit into the power of the spoken word and the law of attraction which some people will poo poo (forgive me if you do as well) but I can’t help but feel good when I think about some of the concepts and ideas there. What started me on that kick was a couple of different books / videos that I’ve watched… one that describes all the craziness and quantum physics behind some of that phenomenon called “what the bleep do we know” and another that a friend recommended called “the secret“.